Broadband Light (BBL) Photorejuvenation is a treatment that works by treating damaged skin with concentrated pulsing light. This concentration of light helps to stimulate collagen and elastin fibers and is designed for individuals who want a more even skin tone and fresher, more youthful looking skin with less discoloration and redness. The face, neck, chest and hands are most commonly the areas that clients want treated, but BBL Photorejuvenation can be performed on all sun-exposed areas. Some patients like to come in one hour before the treatment to have a topical numbing cream applied to the treatment area to make the procedure more comfortable for a small fee.
Sciton Broadband Light is used by Kentucky Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists.
- Eye shields will be place over your eyes
- Clear gel will be applied to the area being treated
- You will feel a small zap that feels like a rubber band snapping
- You will see a bright light, but your eyes are protected and safe
- You may feel a slight heat sensation for a few minutes to 2 hours
- You can apply your makeup as usual the next day
- You may experience swelling around your eyes and cheeks, but this usually resolves in a couple of days
- Freckles and pigmented lesions will darken, shrink and fall off in 7-10 days
- Broken blood vessels will fade in 7-10 days
- 2 weeks after treatment, your skin will look fresher, smoother and younger
For best results, we recommend scheduling 3-6 treatments performed 4 weeks apart. To keep your skin looking youthful and beautiful, we recommend maintenance treatments every 3-12 months depending on your sun exposure and skin health.
If you have had recent sun exposure, have tanned skin, are currently taking plaquenil or have taken gold therapy in the past, you are not an ideal candidate for BBL Photorejuvenation. However, we’re happy to assess your skin and provide a better alternative.
Before and After Photos of BBL Rejuvenation: