As the first month of 2018 is coming to an end, some of your resolutions may have ended as well. Whether your goal was to stop drinking soda, spend more time with your family, or even to follow your dreams more than the year before, we understand reaching that goal can be tough. One of the toughest (and most popular) resolutions that we alllll make time and time again is to look and feel better in the New Year. Trust us, we get it. Shedding the unwanted weight, getting your best skin yet, and eating healthier is harder than it sounds… But it doesn’t have to be.
At Kentucky Dermatology and Cosmetic Specialists, we offer a wide array of treatments to help you become a better you. As dermatologists, we specialize in skin, so we are here to first correct your skin concerns, and then help your skin look better after the correction has been made. Our skin experts perform treatments to help you feel better about yourself. Based on top trends for becoming the “New You” in the new year, here’s a list of procedures that we can perform to help you achieve your skin and body goals in 2018.
- Liposuction: Weight loss is often times one of the hardest resolutions to stick to of them all. With tumescent liposuction, we can remove the stubborn, unwanted fat, to reveal the thinner you that you are working towards.
- Kybella: Sometimes the thought of going through an invasive procedure such as liposuction can be nerve-wracking. Although Lipo is completely painless, some of us turn to non-invasive treatments instead, like Kybella. Kybella is an injection that can be used on the double chin area to actually dissolve the fat, giving you a slimmed down face that’s perfect for selfie-taking.
- Sagging Skin: SkinTyte – whether you lost the fat with dieting and exercise or had a fat removal procedure done, skin tightening is a great treatment that will help improve your results.
- Halo: Made famous by celebrities like Beyoncé, the Kardashian, and Scarlett Johansson, the Halo Laser treatment provides a natural glow to your skin, removes dark spots, and helps renew the collagen in your skin over the course of 3-6 months. This collagen boost that your skin gets post-treatment helps reduce fine lines, wrinkles, and helps battle the aging process.
- BBL: Similar to an IPL treatment, the BroadBandLight laser removes sunspots to reveal even-toned skin. This treatment is great for people who have had a lot of sun exposure and want to remove their spots but is also great for helping with acne and to even out your skin tone.
- PRP with Microneedling: AKA “Blood Facial”, this treatment uses a tool called microneedling to create microscopic controlled abrasions to the skin that stimulate collagen over time and allow topical medication and growth factors like PRP (platelet-rich plasma, which is found in your own body) be more readily absorbed into the skin.
- Laser Resurfacing: Although laser resurfacing requires more downtime because it is a more intense treatment, the results are worth it. Resurfacing lasers are used to greatly reduce facial wrinkles and skin blemishes and scars by directing concentrated, pulsating beams of light at the skin’s problem areas.
Reverse Signs of Aging
- Hyaluronic acid based fillers: We offer a wide array of hyaluronic acid based fillers that provide natural-looking results. Whether your concern is the loss in volume on your face, have lines that bother you, or you just need an extra *oomph* to your lips, we’ve got your fix.
- Botox/Dysport: This tried and true wrinkle remover is definitely one of the most popular treatments that we perform, and it’s a no-brainer as to why men and women love it so much. Botox and Dysport is a quick and practically painless procedure that relaxes fine lines and wrinkles. With regular treatments, you will notice that your skin is smoother and that your lines have practically vanished over time.
- Collagen Renewing Filler: Sculptra – It truly is a marathon and not a sprint with this filler of its own class. Sculptra is a one of a kind injectable that renews your collagen in the cheeks over the course of two years. This filler is perfect for patients who are noticing a loss of volume in their face due to aging.
- Laser Treatments: Laser treatments are a great fix to many concerns like uneven skin tone, fine lines, and wrinkles, acne, sagging skin… you name it! We offer plenty of different laser treatments in our office but the best way to see which one is a fit for you is a complimentary consultation!
- PRP for Hair Regrowth: One of the biggest struggles that men and women suffer from is hereditary hair loss. By using your own Platelet Rich Plasma, and a product called Ascell, we can perform a treatment that stimulates your hair follicles to grow over time.
- Vaginal Rejuvenation: Women undoubtedly suffer from a decline in vaginal health due from their genes, childbirth, menopause, etc… but with a diVa, we can perform a quick 3-5 minute procedure that can help restore your confidence. diVa can help with urinary incontinence, tightening, laxity, and symptoms that women get from chemotherapy and menopause.
- DivaTyte: As we age, our body begins to show signs of aging. With diVaTyte, we can help tighten the external part of the vagina. This is a laser treatment that tightens the labia and is far less invasive than plastic surgery treatments such as labiaplasty.